Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gallbladder goes out, so does motion sickness?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I had my gallbladder removed for the usual reasons about 4 months ago and since then I've noticed an unexpected, but positive, side effect:  I don't get motion sickness anymore.  Before the surgery, I would become nauseous at the drop of a hat at the slightest bit of turbulence in an airplane.  Now I don't at all even in the wildest plummets.  I don't think this is psychosomatic since I know that motion sickness is supposed to be entirely related to the inner ear, so I wasn't expecting this result at all.

It's actually kind of an odd feeling, since I subconsciously expect to get a strong reaction when the plane jostles, but it never comes.

Is this a common result?