Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gallbladder symptoms and polyps
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Gallbladder symptoms and polyps

I have been having some pain and other symptoms from my gallbladder for quite some time. I finally saw my doctor and she ordered an ultrasound. Turns out I have several polyps on my gallbladder. I do not know any other information. She has referred me to a surgeon who I am to see shortly. If I am seeing a surgeon does this mean I am definitely going to have surgery on my gallbladder?

I have been having right sided abdominal pain stretching into  my back under my shoulder blade, pain with touch on my abdomen, loss of appetite, indigestion (heartburn) without relief of my medication, yellow stools, loose stools, and sometimes after I eat I get violent chills and shakes. Also I have been getting slight itching sensation on my rib area near where I get the pain- this being the most recent symptom. The ultrasound they did on me put me in pain for days.
Oh and I seem to be having what feels like pain in my left kidney. (I have a history of kidney stones and past stent placement in that kidney) I don't know if this pain is related. My whole abdomen seems irritated the past 24 hours after a real bad episode of all that.

Does it sound like I would be a candidate for having the gallbladder removed?

Daily I take many medications: Norvasc 5mg, lithium 900mg, risperdal 1mg, topamax 75mg, singulair 10mg, Arava 20mg, Humira (every two weeks) 40mg injection, vitamin D 50,000IU/month, Prilosec (up to 2 daily)
As needed I take: Ventolin HFA, Tramadol 50-100mg, klonopin 0.5mg, Midrin

Diagnoses that I have are : GERD, Asthma, Bipolar, Arthritis, Hypertension, migraines

Thanks.