Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gas and chest pain

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Gas and chest pain

Has anybody else out there experienced a pain in the chest area
and then felt some gas shift in your abdomin (abdomen)? I really think
my pain is from gas and not my heart and was curious if anybody else had similiar symptoms.

Greg
I have had that same thing from time to time.  Try pepcid complete.  This works like rolaids and it also reduces stomach acid..
I also have lots of gas pain. Last year I would have to get up early in the mornings because of gas pushing up into my chest causing pain. I was eating too many junk foods. When I guit it stopped. Now I'm getting alot of gas again, mostly in the mornings. There is a hard lump just below my left rib cage, but after I'm up and about to goes away. In the mornings my stomach is rolling with gas. If i press on the stomach I can really more the gas around. Any comments on this or the lumb that goes away after the gas leaves.
Dear retired,  I would post a new question on the site.  I'm not too sure about the lump thing.  But I also wake in the morning, along with my father and grandfather did for years.  We all have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and take Metamuclie to regulate our system.  This seems to help as I just started, but my father swears on it.  If he misses a day he's up at all hours will gas and upset stomach.  This could also bennift you gregd64...
I went to the Doctors with this lump in my chest on the left upper side. Today a Doctor took a bisopy of the lump, which is BIG, as you can see it on the cat-scan. It looks like I will be going to have to have cemo??? and maybe radiation. Next week I may have another bigger {more tissue} biospy.
     SO BY ALL MEAMS GO HAVE ANY LUMPS CHECKED OUT.
I had the same problem and recently did a check up with the doctor.

It is caused by the gas in the stomach, in my case they did a scope test and ultrascan on the heart and stomach. The test shows that the heart is normal and the ultrascan abdomen is also normal. The problem was detected in the gastroescopy  test.

The hole between the stomach and the esafagus was slight bigger than the normal one.

They precripted me pariet tablet 10mg and Duspatalin 135mg for the gas.

The only question is why should they give me pariet tablet which is for ulcerative GRED? I do not have ulcer...I need a second opinion.

Though you should know.