Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gas bubbles and Pain

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Gas bubbles and Pain

For the past couple of weeks I have been getting a lot of gas bubbles.  They roll in my back and I actually fell like they are rolling around in my lungs. You can actually HEAR it.  I am able to expell the gas by belching or ther "Other Way" (spare you the details).  When I take gas-ex it helps but does not take it away.  Is this normal should I be concerend about this.  I am 31 years old and in good health.  We have ruled out ovarian cancer .. (i had an u/s done and all was well becuase i had an ovarian cyst) My diet is not a high fiber diet but not a low fiber diet either.  My bowel movements are okay too.
I have been under a lot of stress but am not sure if this would cause it.
Any ideas??
Could this be indicative of something serious. ?
OH I was diagnosed with gall stones.. would that cause this?
Is there anything else I can do to get this out?
thanking you in advance for your help and time.

lisa
I would investigate problems with the upper GI tract.  This can include GERD, an ulcer, or inflammation of the upper digestive tract (gastritis or esophagitis).  

A reasonable approach would be an upper GI series or upper endoscopy.

Atypically, gallbladder and liver disease can be the culprit - and an abdominal ultrasound can be done to evaluate for this.  

If the tests come back negative, irritable bowel disease can be responsible.  Increasing the fiber in the diet as well as antispasmodic agents can help in this instance.

You can discuss these options with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com
Thank you so very much. I have had a scan on my liver, pancreas,kidneys (Found out i contracted hep c through an accident in medical assisting school) thank God cleared the virus. had a blood panel done and my alt ast were fine.  But i will make an appointment for an upper GI. to see what is the deal with the belching. During the scan they found stones in my gall bladder so i thought that was it.  Thanks for your prompt response and i will follow up
Have you tried eating gluten free?
hi i got a constant lump feeling under my brest bone it feels like trapped air but it burns and i bring the wind up and it still there im starting to feel unwell too does anyone know wat it could be?
A related discussion, gas bubbles w intestineal pain was started.
A related discussion, some relief was started.