Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gastric Metaplasia

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Gastric Metaplasia
Can anyone tell me about what causes Gastric Metaplasia within
the duodenum?  What the symptoms are and what the long term
possible complications could be?  I have been diagnosed with
it and was wondering if it could be the cause of lower abdominal stomach cramping.

Here's just a little something worth reading. DON'T read too much into your diagnosis. Meaning searching the net. This will just make you crazy and concerned. Don't do it to yourself ;) This finding will clear on it's own. Try to cut out spicy foods, alcohol and coffe for awhile. How did your doctor diagnose this?

-Jennifer

http://www.gastrolab.net/pa-181.htm
A related discussion, diet for gastric metaplasia? Pariet compared to Nexium was started.