Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gastritis

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Gastritis

Hello Everyone:

Any of you here been dx'd with gastritis and if so what are your symptoms?  How long does it take to clear up.  It seems I have gastritis due to bile/acid reflux since last NOvember/December.

Thanks.

Kittee
I have, and it is a burning pain in your upper stomach to the ;eftand middle below your sternum. can also be below ribs to the left. Made worse by caffine, spicy foods, greasy foods. Like heartburn sort of, can last for hrs.-days
What tests helped with your diagnosis?
Do you suffer with heartburn ?
When diet is bland and wondering how long suffering?
I went to a nutritional therapist and she gave me a chart that identified the foods that are acidic in nature and those that are alkaline.  In general - fresh fruits and vegetables are alkaline and meats, dairy products, and processed (Fast) foods are very acidic.  She explained that you should consume roughly 80% alkaline foods and 20% acidic.

I still have some digestive disorders which I believe are related to my gall bladder, but by going to a more bland, alkaline diet - my gastritis seems to be much better in less than 6 weeks.
By chance have you heard of Miso ?
The nutrionist said it helps many with stomach troubles.
Did you have heartburn with your Gastritis and or find out a trigger ?
Hello:

How long did you have gastritis before going to a nutritionist?  Did it develop because of GERD?  Did you have nausea and sometimes pain in your back as well as having pain below the sternum and ribs.  I  have that pain but also have some pain in my back right behind my stomach and it even shoots up my back sometimes.  This has been going on for 2 months and I'm afraid that it has or will become chronic.

Was your gastritis diagnosed by upper GI or endescope?

Sorry for all the ?'s but I need to find a way to start to cure this before I lose much more weight.

Thanks so much.

Kittee
The nurse wanted me to try Boost to gain weight but too much sugar content.
What prevents you from eating ? Pain to heartburn: lasts 3 hours and stomach is sour and burning. Yet hunger gnawey is no good either.
Want my old tummy back
Have you heard of testing ones Enzymes ?
The books I listed in a previous post were interesting on blood and stool tests too.

I have been diagnosed with gastritis following a gastroscopy.  I have been in daily pain/discomfort for many months and have been taking a prescribed acid control drug called Zoton.

Two weeks ago I tried some Aloe Vera Juice.  The pain stopped by the end of the first day and I haven't had any since.  I follow the instructions of 15ml three times a day.  My GP says she is certain that there should be no adverse interaction with my drugs which I have continued to take.

Hope this helps
also been diagnosed with gastritis, been sufferring on and off for almost 1 year. Tried all proton pump inhibitors, didnot work. Tried Sucralfate, mixed results. Latley have been on a herb called slippery elm. EXCELLENT. Take 4 pills 3 times daily, pain will go away within 3 days or so.
I've had gastritis for what seems like years. Had 2 endoscopies to diagnose it and no inflammation was discovered, anywhere along the line. Consultant recommended better diet, cutting out the obvious like too much booze, caffeine and spicy foods - also, trying to eat regular small meals and avoid overt stress (!). Have taken Zoton and Losec, but don't always work. My symptoms are pain and ache behind breast bone and excessive burping - occasionally, I have reflux and so my bed is 20cms higher at the head end, which helps.

Stranx
A related discussion, Any help for gastritis was started.