Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gastroplasty

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Gastroplasty

I had a gastroplasty done about 10 years ago.  Why is it that on an average I consume no more than 800 calories, yet can't lose weight?  I've had check ups and my thyroid glands seem to be working fine.  I was on weight watchers and religiously followed their plan for 6 months and lost only 10 pounds.  It's not hard to stick to a diet, only because you are stuffed after a small amount of food.  What can I do to lose weight?  I would like to lose 20 pounds.
The calories don't matter.  It depends on what you are doing to burn them.  What do you do for excersise?  What do you do to burn fat?  Of those 800 calories, what are they made of?  That would help to know. :)
I don't do much exercise and the 800 calories are made up mostly of junk food.  BUT I have tried eating fruits and vegetables, but that does not seem to help either.