Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gerd

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Gerd
I went to have  barium swallow and the test results stated that i have alot of acid and muscle spasm and a swollen esphogus. They gave me Nexium and seems to be helping , but i always feel like there is something stuck in the area of the middle of my chest. I reslly don't get heatburn , i get pain in my chest and especially pills get stuck in that area. They want me to have the scope done and I really don't want to. I do smoke and i wonder if that's whats making it get swollen. Can any of these gastrology problems cause dizziness or sometimes i feel rapid heatbeats,
Have your doctor check for a hiatal hernia!
Maybe anxiety as well as GERD.  I have GERD without the heartburn, a feeling like I have a lump in my chest when I swallow and dizziness.  I think that gas can cause dizziness, whenever my stomach acts up I get dizzy.

Ask your doctor about anxiety.