Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Green Bowel Movements

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Green Bowel Movements

Well here it goes. I have green bowel movements. I also have very werid bowel movements sometimes I will get diarehea for no reason at all. I constantly have pains in my lower abdomen and most times I have blood in my stool. I dont know what this is but I am exhausted all the time and have constant fevers. So I just would like an answer about what this could be especailly the green bowel movements because they make me very uncomfortable.
I would see a Doctor right away. You could have an obstruction somewhere in the bowel area, it is not good to have green//
You dont have an obstruction, green bowel movements are considered normal, if you read on in this forum, you will see that many people from time to time have them..Relax
Green stools are considered normal (the green color is due to bile) however, I would get your other symptoms checked out as you are clearly in pain.
Yes, im inclined to agree with Reb, i meant to tell you to have the other things checked out.Good Luck
Every doctor I asked about green stools said they are o.k.
They are only concerned with black stools and blood so have it checked out so you don't have to worry about it.
I, too get green bowel movements and painful cramps. I wonder, could it have anything to do with being dehydrated? I frequently get them after long runs in the heat.
I have experienced green stools since having my gallbladder removed.  This occurs in 6month intervals along with pain in the lower bowel.  When I consume large amounts of meat it seems to bring on the symptoms.
I have the best luck with my bowels when I consume steamed veggies and less fat.
Hi, I'm new to this board, but I've been experiencing stomach pains for quite some time. Doctor told me it was acid reflux. Medications did not help much. Also loose yellowish stools usually in the morning, or within an hour after I eat, when I have to go.......I have to go! Also pain starting right below my ribcage in the middle to up between my  breasts. Any ideas? I go to a new doctor next week. They say they are not worried unless the stools are dark or bloody, but it's hard not to worry when you are in pain right?
I get green stools alot.  Mine is due to an increase of iron in my system from either eating foods high in iron or when I have to take iron supplements due to my anemia.  When I have too much iron it makes me feel sick even though I would feel worse if I didn't bring my iron levels up.
A related discussion, runny bright green stools was started.
A related discussion, frequent diarrhea was started.