Green Stool
For about a week, my stool has become more green. Now it's solid green color (forest green). Could it be a reaction to imipramine and carisoprodol that I take for fibremyalgia? I do not feel badly or sick. Thanks!
I have had loose, green Bowels for the past year & my doctor says nothing is wrong with me, he won't run tests, i have asked for a second third opinion, & all the same. Every time i eat, doesn't matter if i just have a bite of soa sandwich 5 mins later i have to go to the bathroom & it is icky & hurts. If there is anything ya';; can tell me please..
***@****

i like eating my stool.
My friend took a green dump in a mug
green poops
d
Green Stools come from:

0.  All stools are green at some point.  They change from yellow to green to brown as they pass through the system.  Bile that cannot be reabsorbed in the intestine can cause a yellow or green stool color.  Common occurances are (in addition to the obvious eating of spinach and green crayons):

1. undigested milk in babies

2. In impovershed countried the green stool is classical of severe malnutrition - especially oedematous malnutrition - the green stool is often accompanied by some clear mucus and does not have a bad - or even typical faecal - smell. In the early stages the patients will pass orange stool which will turn green on exposure to the atmosphere (it normally takes about 30 mins and the green color starts from the surface). This is due to oxidation of the bile pigment in the faeces. Such stools clearly have very little antioxidant capacity. As the patients become more malnourished the oxidation starts to occur inside their intestine and the stool is passed as a bright green stool - so called "starvation stool". It is a sign of major antioxidant deficiency and these patients need to have a diet rich in antioxidants with additional lipid. The chemistry of these changes has not been investigated -but I'm sure that this would give us insight into how best to treat the patients.
Electrolyte analysis of these stool show that they are high in potassium and low in sodium - they also have a relatively low volume - this is NOT dehydrating diarrhoea and should NOT be treated with rehydration solutions - the management is to continue to give supra-maintenance amounts of the diets designed for severe malnutrition.
Green stool for the first time in my life today.  Only change in diet: red wine (which I never drink) at dinner last night.
Hi my 40 yr old husband started having diarrea 3-4 days that was green and has turned to yellow about now. He is on atitbotics because of a sinus infection. He had split up blood and when he blew his nose he had some blood. So he went to the doc and he said it was a sinus infection. Most concerned with the green/yellow diarrea. He seems to be getting his appetit back and has no pain anywhere,, Thanks for any help
I have noticed that whenever my kids eat alot of Fruit Loops or Lucky Charms cereal their poop is very green--sometimes neon! It must be the dyes.
for about two years I've had pain with akind of movement or mild
charlie horse cramping below the sternim.Ifeel sick all the time
and have a pouch sticking out about three inches above navel and
I never fill like eating.It never goes away
I awoke today to pencil thin style stool with green color what could this be and i have a little discomfort in the abdomen?
I notice when i wipe too sometimes there is a little blood on the tissue and sometimes a little streak on the stool?

Any help please?

Any help please?
I have recently begun taking metabolife 356. Could this explain my green stool.
Blue corn tortilla chip?  Forest green stools started the day after I bought a bag of blue chips, which I love.  I never noticed green stools before, but from now on I will watch to see if there is a conection.
IWAS BLEEDING FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME THEN I QUIT AND I GOT GREEN STOOL FOR ABOUT THREE DAYS, THEN IT TURNED BLACK. I HAD NO  BLEEDING FOR A WHILE, NOW I'M BLEEDING AGAIN WITHOUT ANY STOOL. WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS?
Yup! I got green stools too. Forest Green. I went to the doctor and she said it could be from something I ate Spinich/ Blue Chips? IF it lasts longer than a week without these in my diet I have to go back to the doc. Glad we aren't alone.
My poop is lemon yellow.
I have a crease in my stool, I was told it's because I have a tailbone problem.. Have any of you ever heard of this?
Please Stop!!!! Look, all these green poops are nothing to be afraid of. Some food additives (Food colors, etc) can make your poop change color (green, yellow, blueish, etc). Try eating a lot of Fruitty Pebbles (cereal) for at least two days or probably for even one day and you will get green Poop!! Certified!! Whenever I eat this cereal my poop turns green. I asked a few experts on this matter and it all seems to be the product of non-digestible vegetally-derived food colorants. This is why all your stools tests appear normal!! There's nothing to be afraid of.

However, if you have constipation or other related problems, make sure you see a doctor as this could be the result of a serious health problem. GREEN POOP! I get it every time I eat Fruitty Pebbles.  Please stop posting about this green poop stuff.
I SHAT A BIG PURPLE BABY LAST NITE........
I'm so glad I found this forum!
I had green stool for the first time today and I was really worried about it.  It's loose and definitely grass green.  The only thing I could think of was that I drank a LOT of purple punch at a party last night. I called my doctor and he said it was normal and blew me off basically.  At least now I can be sure it was because of the punch.
I was really concerned because all week I have had very bright green stool. I have just recently gone through a very traumatic experience, so I thought maybe something was wrong with me because of all the stress. Then I finally found this message board and I'm so relieved. It was the Blue corn tortilla chips!

Thanks everyone!
About green stools one day i had eaten too much liqourice, It seemed to be the cause of my green stools.
I have had green stools for 2 days now. I have  been snacking on licorice sticks. I also believe that the licorice is the cause.
My sister started to have green stool two days ago...she is not on any medication.  What could be the cause?
I have been having really bad stomach aches for the last month, and just recently when I went to the bathroom it was green.  I am wondering what this is, and if it is serious?
Today, I've had several bowel which have been light green, what could be causing this?  There had been no pain involved. Thank-you, JMB
I came across your question when trying to find the 'green stool' connection myself.  I have found that when I drink one large glass of concord grape juice that my stools turn, as you say, "forest green".  I was worried until I discovered what triggered it in me.  The manufacturer and the internet seem to have no further information about this connection.  Maybe more evidence will surface because medical authorities are pushing purple grape juice as good for your heart.
Hope this was what caused your situation also and not a health problem.
My son is 21 and a half months old and we have had many experiences with changing green poopie diapers. The thing is he is also lactose in tollerant ( we believe, he is getting a stomach biopsy to be sure) and he may have a bacteria in his bowel which causes him non-stop direah. When he has bowel movements that are green they actually dye him bumm green and no amount of scrubbing or bathing will get it off of him. It has to fade out. This has been going on for about 3 months for him now. He does not seem to have any discomfert or pain with it. He also does not drink any grape juices as they would only make his direah worse than it is already. We are seeing a GI Specialist about it. I will post anything that is told to me about the issue. Maybe it might help someone else who has this same thing. I know it may be serious but I can't help but laugh when I go to change my son and he has a shamrock green bumm. He was all set for ST. Patty's day. :) If anyone else finds anything out let us know. Thanks :)
I have green poop too. *bleah*

Kinda freaked me out at first, but I'm glad it's probably not that big of a deal. Glad I found this site to help me feel a little better.
Sorry, I just wanted to stress again that anyone on here who has been saying that they are having stomach cramps/pains or whatnot, should DEFINATLY get themselves off to a doctor, because it will only get worse untreated, not better....

I am an 18 year old female and I also have green stool, and think this might be helpful...

I had my blood works done and all that showed up was that my iron levels were low, and then I started getting periodical stomach pains like many of you have discribed.

I was then informed that I had Gastritis (inflamation of the stomach, for those who dont know) which was caused by an infection, and agrivated by the acids in my stomach.

The symptoms (stomach pain and possible reflux [indigestion]) are also worsened by salty foods and caffeine (coffee, chocolate, coca cola...etc...), so these should be avoided, but a trip to the doctor is definatly recomended, as pills to lower the acid levels in the stomach to allow the infection to heal itself, such as Ranihexal should be prescribed.

I hope this has been helpful to someone out there....?
please feel free to send me an email and let me know :)

becky.***@****
Lots of things can cause green stool, lots of foods even purple coolaid.  Don't worry too much about it....

Marijuana smoking can cause it too.
For About four days now my stool has been solid green,never seen this before!! What could it be
?
I take high blood pressure medication.  Last few days, experiencing green stools.  Green as grass. What could cause this?
Our entire family has had green stool recently.  One person for more than 2 weeks.  The others for a few days.  We have also been eating a lot of red and blue tortilla chips.  Wondering if that may be a factor?  Anybody know?
I had really bright green stool for the last week, it just so happened i started drinking grape little hugs throughout that time, i am almost sure that is the cause.
green stool
I have had pain underneath my breast like gas pains, back pains as well and abdominal pains. I tool a womens laxative. I worked like it was suppose to but the first time it worked I had a very stringy stool.  I am on day two now and my stool is still very loose and a green color.  I feel ok but, at first I did not. Very tired.  Do I have to see a doctor?
I had blood in stool i few weeks ago now my stools are either whitish or green
I have had green stool off and on for the last month. After reading comments on this thread I linked the green stool to about the time I started drinking grape juice three or more times a week.
Who wouldda thought?
I have severe abdominal pain for a day or two but have ahd green stools for 2 weeks ,before that it was white stools ,is this a infection?
Ive been having trouble with green stool latley.
The last time i went it was very dark green and loose.
I take no medication at all. i have taken metabolife but not on a regular basis. is this normal or should i be concerned?
Did you get any answers? I am having the same problem
My stool is green, it jsut happened today.  My stomach hurts, and I feel like I have to go to the bathroom every 2 or so minutes.  I am not taking any meds, what could this be?
AFTER HAVING A NISSEN FUNDIPLICATION AND CHOLECYSTECTOMY DONE, I HAVE ON OCCASION PASSED GREEN STOOL.. WHY IS THIS? IS THIS RELATED TO SURGERY OR WHAT OTHER POSSIBILITIES COULD CAUSE THIS.  I AM TAKING NO MEDS AT THIS TIME.
Me too, what is it?  I don't take any of the chemicals mentioned, but I ate a lot of black licorice this weekend.
A related discussion, Poop is green was started.
I just went to the bathroom and my poop was green.  I don't know what I should do.  Is there a problem.
A related discussion, GREEN POOP! was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?