Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Green Stool?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Green Stool?

I know this sounds silly but can an adult have green bowel movements from drinking grape soda???  I can't find anything in texts.
I have been experiencing the same thing-green bowels. I had a black cherry frozen drink Friday and was wondering if that could have caused it.  I have also been having stomach and chest pain-like a gnawing inside. It makes me wonder if there is a virus or some other nasty thing going around.
I don't believe so, but green stool is considered normal.  All that green stool indicates is that the stoll is passing though the colon too quickly, which can be caused by stress, something you ate, or sometimes for pretty much no reason.  It rarely indicates somethings serious, if ever.
Pinebluffy, were you at Burger King?  I had the same problem, and it seems to be the frozen black cherry.  

See the "Bright Green Stool" entry that starts on 10/4/01.
That is the oddest thing! I, too, have been having green stool the last two days and I had a black raspberry frozen Coke at Burger King on Monday!!! I was freaking out till I found this site...thank god I found some sanity!

Thank Goodness for this site!!!To add to other's comments, I ALSO had a black cherry frozen drink, and the next day I had neon green stool. Of course I was horrified, in fact I still am- this only happenned yesterday. Actually, can someone tell me how long it went on? And, any medical reasons for why this happenned(eg a reaction to the food coloring) and is it otherwise harmful? Also, maybe Burger King should examine it's products more cautiously.....