Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
HIATAL HERNIA

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

HIATAL HERNIA

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A HIATAL HERNIA SEVERAL YEARS AGO.  I TAKE AXID EVERYDAY.  MY SYMPTOMS SEEM TO BE GETTING WORSE. I VOMIT EVERYDAY IN THE MORNING.  I WAS TOLD THE ONLY SURGERY AVAILABLE WAS VERY RADICAL AND WOULD ONLY BE PERFORMED IF I WERE UNABLE TO EAT AND THERE WAS A GREAT WEIGHT LOSS.  THAT HAS NOT HAPPEND YET HOWEVER IT SEEMS THAT I SHOULD NOT BE SUFFERING AS MUCH AS I AM. ARE THERE NEW MEDS AVAILABLE? MY DOCTOR DOSEN'T SEEM TO BE UP TO PAR ON TREATMENTS.
I had surgery 3 weeks ago to repair my hiatal hernia.  They actually take the top part of your stomach and wrap it around your esophogas to repair the hole.  I was in the hospital for two days and have been recovering at home.  It is not an easy recovery, but I am hoping it will be worth it.  I have had heartburn from this for over 2 years and am looking forward to not having to take any more meds for it.

Please feel free to email me if you have any more questions.

***@****