Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Has anyone ever been diagnosed with an inflamed duodenum??

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I have been having continuous bouts of nausea for the past 6 months.  The only thing that has been noticed by my gastroenterologist is that my duodenum (the small intestine just below the stomach) is inflamed.  Has anyone ever had this problem before?  How did you deal with it?  I'm not even sure yet if that is what is causing my nausea.  It has gotten to the point where I am afraid to go out for any length of time.  Please help???
I have a 14 year old daughter that has been diagnosed with the same problem.  Her nausea is severe and she will rarely go anywhere without me close by.  She has had a EGD performed and a CT scan done last Friday.  If I do not get anymore infomation from pediatric GI dr. today, we plan to go to Johns Hopkins Medical Center (Baltimore, MD) this Thursday for an appointment with a motility specialist.  I will be happy to let you know what the results are.  Because my daughter is 14, we deal with pediatric GI doctors.
I would really appreciate if you could let me know when you find out a cause for your daughter's condition.  Do the doctor's feel that this is the cause of her nausea?  Also, curious if she gets headaches too?
The doctors tell me that the spasms in her duodenum cause her to have bile reflux and this is what irritates her stomach lining and causes the nausea.  She does have random headaches.  I do plan to have her tested for food allergies.  I don't know about you, but I would sure like some answers ASAP!
I sure would like some answers, too.  It has been so long since I felt healthy and it is so frustrating to deal with all the testing and doctors that can't really explain what is going on.  Good luck to you and your daughter.  I will definitely post something if I get any more information that may be helpful to your situation.
My brother had a lot of the same symptoms that you describe.  He has chron's disease. I can't remember though, if his inflamation (inflammation) was in the large or small intestines? Best of luck to you both, I wish you good health!
A related discussion, Inflamed duadenum was started.