Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Hepatic lesions on liver

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Hepatic lesions on liver

I have an an IVP, followed by a CT scan, followed by an Ultrasound to determine the cause of blood in the urine. The IVP showed a mass thought to be on the kidney, the CT scan determined lesions were on the liver and that the right kidney was mal-rotated. The liver ultrasound said the right kidney was normal and that the mass was close to the gallbladder.  The 4 lesions were referred to as hypoechoic lesions. The largest was 2.1 x 1.5 x 2.1 cm adjacent to the gallbladder. Additional lesions are seen to the right of the IVC in the inferior aspect of the right lobe, in the left lateral aspect of the left lobe, and in the middle portion of the right lobe. It said no ascites visible and no visible gallbladder wall thickening or calculus. They said the ultrasound was limited because of my weight and the cause inconclusive. Could be cysts filled with protein or may represent small hemangiomata. They recommend 3 month retest to see if any growth appears.  My questions are: How could the CT scan show the kidney effected and the ultrasound show the opposite? Should I get a second opinion? Will an MRI be more conclusive? Should I see a liver specialist? ANd what does it all mean? Thank you for your consideration of these questions?
what causes liver leisons?
A related discussion, Liver lesions was started.