Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Hgih Bilirubin Level
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hgih Bilirubin Level

I recently had a blood test which showed my bilirubin to be 1.9 mg/dL. other parameters as follows: ALK phosphate 58, AST 23, ALT 23, A/G ratio 1.4, Albumin 4.0 g/dL, Total Serum Protein 6.8 g/dL, Total Globulin 2.8 g/dL. CBC all normal, urine: Urobilinogen normal, Nitrate negative, Bilirubin negative. eveything negative.

im a 35 year old male. run evey other day, lift wieghts. drink on weekends, approx 7 beers a night. Take avapro and low dose aspirin for high blood pressure every day. two weeks prior to this last blood test i was drinking quite heavily becasue i have been very stressed out over family matters.

Over the last 5 blood tests (all fasting) , the total bilirubin was as follows: 1.6, 1.49, 1.46, 1.25 1.9. this over 3 years time. all other parameters were normal.

My doctor didnt mention this 1.9 value to me. He sent me a letter saying everything was ok. i requested the detailed test results and now im stressed out about it. Having trouble sleeping. My thought is to let it go since he wasnt worried about it and if he wasnt worried about it there must be more people out there he let 'pass' with the same type of test results before. Can you calm my fears? I cant handle any other stress in my life. on a smiliar issue in the past, i was told to live my life and not to live it by test results. doctor actually yelled at me.

thanks

scott