Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Hiccup Attack

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Hiccup Attack
I have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and I have chronic reflux. I am having intense attacks of hiccups throughout the day, and stomack feels so tight inside when I take a deep breathe.

Does anyone else have hiccups with their reflux or hernia?
The fastest way to get rid of the hiccups and relieve the pressure is to make yourself belch by tickling the back of your throat as deep as possible with soft strokes with the handle of your toothbrush. Barend

Thanks!
A related discussion, Surgical cure for chronic hiccups? was started.