Hida scan results

I had a HIDA scan recently of my gallbladder and common bile duct and it showed that everything was ok from my liver, through the bile duct and into the gallbladder.  However, when they gave me the CCK to cause my gallbladder to contract, it did not contract as much as they would have liked.  I forget the exacts, but it was something like 25%.  I think the doc said that anything under 35% or so and it means the gallbladder isn't functioning very well.  However, they don't recommend surgery unless it's like under 15%.
  Please clarify if you can.  Also, are there any other reasons other than a dysfunctional gallbladder that would result in my gallbladder not contracting.  
  I'm a 30 y/o, relatively healthy male, with IBS.  Thnak you
______
Dear Tom C, The impaired gall bladder contractions after CCK is considered an indication for inflammation of the gall bladder wall and therefore cholecystitis.  In the absence of gall bladder symptoms, I would not suggest any further investigations or treatments of the gall bladder.
This information is presented for educational purposes.  ASk specific questions to your personal physician.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: gallbladder, cholecystitis, HIDA scan, CCK
0.2

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?