Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
High GGT level so MS treatment refused
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

High GGT level so MS treatment refused

I am 50 years old, male, and have had MS for 30 years I have also had a problem with alcohol.  I have been refused the treatment copaxone because my GGT reading was high.
When doctors tried to get the reading down from 72, I was given heptaten and I have not had any alcohol for more than a month and have kept to their suggested diet, but my GGT reading is going up.  it is now over 200.  I have had am ultrasound which has ruled out some other possibilities.

I wish to know why I should be refused copaxone and also what reasons there could be for my GGT to be getting higher.