Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
High Liver test, but also pain and hair loss
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

High Liver test, but also pain and hair loss

I am a 49 year old woman, with high liver test the last few times I been in to the doctor, I had my gallbladder removed 2 1/2
years ago.  I been pain under my right rib cage, some really sharp.  My daughter and I have notice my hair seems to be falling out alot.  My thyroid test are all normal per my doctor.
I started collecting my hair from my hair brush, I have gather a large sandwich bag since Monday, and hair fall out during the day and in my bed at night.  There is no male or female baldness in my family history.  I am concern and I plan to gather the hair till Sunday and make an appointment next week.  But I am really concern and I have not had any new medication changes in
three years.  Could this be cause by my liver, or is thyriod the
only gland that promotes hair loss.
Thanks,  Statcat