Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
How much acetiminophen is too much?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How much acetiminophen is too much?

I would like to know how much acetiminophen it takes to actually damage your liver.  I am a 37 year old female who rarely drinks (maybe twice a year) but I take alot of acetiminophen and have for years.  I had no idea that it could hurt your liver until a few months ago.  I have abdominal pain on the right side.  The doctor has tested me for gallbladder problems they were negative along with my LFT's.  I was extremely constipated ( he took a x-ray of the abdomen) and thought perhaps that was the cause of my pain. I take Darvocets which will cause constipation but I notice the pain more about 20 minutes after taking the Darvocets. Could this reallly be just because I have been constipated or could my liver be going out.? How much acetiminophen is too much?