Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
I have blood coming out with and after my stool and its alot can someon...

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I have blood coming out with and after my stool and its alot can someone help

Yes I am 20 years old, everytime I got to the bathroom blood comes out with my stool and then after words its alot I dont know what it is. I have to go to the bathroom constantly even when I think I dont have to can someone help my I dont know what to do??
Read the info from the links below..

Call Your Health Care Provider If
any evidence of GI bleeding occurs.

IF there is any change in the color of the stool. Don't rely on visual impressions; always test it or have it tested. Home kits can be purchased at the drugstore, or you can send a specimen to the doctor.
When there is blood in the stool. DO NOT take it lightly at any age. Make an appointment to see the doctor right away.

Good Luck......... Dilli

http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content/asset/adam_symptoms_melena

http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/medcast_channel_toc/1686

you're only twenty, i'd be willing to bet money on hemmorhoids, especially because the blood is coming from so low in the  rectum (you know its coming from very low down when the blood is bright red and especially when it comes out after the bowel movement.  
another possibility is proctitis.  It could be ulcerative proctitis, which is a chronic disease, although its not all that serious when its limited to the rectum.  Symptoms of this are bloody stools, pain, and feeling you had to go even when you don't have to.  you may also only pass blood and mucus when you go.  you may also just have a once in a lifetime proctitis, which can be cleared up with suppositories and creams.  Proctitis is when the inside of your colon becomes ulcerated and inflammed, causing bleeding and some pain.  It can be caused from antibiotics, a chronic ulcerative colitis, or i think it may sometimes happen for just about any reason.  I hope i've helped!!
katie
At 15 years old I had ficsures, small tears inside the rectum. I also had red blood during and after. I had surgery to repair and have had no problems since. But, with any blood you should not hesitate to call your Doctor.

Good luck!
Kim,

there are multiple reasons why you could be having blood in your stool.  You need to tell your physician as embarassing as it may be.  Try not to get anxiety and assume the worse case scenario like I always do, but blood in stool is not normal and you should see your Dr. Immediately.

Go with the odds for your mental health, it's probably a swelled vein that can or can not be caused by child birth.  swelled veins can rupture easily and bleed.  Only your Dr. Can tell you though so make an appointment wether you have insurance or not.  It won't cost that much.