Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
I need help and not sure where to go.....

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I have had a problem since I was 17 that I call "Stomach Problem" I am finally gonna get the nerve to goto a doctor and see if they can find the problem. But I am hoping maybe someone else out there has had the same thing wrong and can guide me as to what is coming my way =) At evening time My stomach gets upset...and I find myself burping and it tastes very very bad, and it smells very bad. Enough that I can clear a room of people out. I then wind up getting horrable stomach cramps and having bowel movements alot at night, and also throwing up ALOT. When I do finally get to sleep...I wake up in the morning and feel kinda drowsy..but I get up for work and go. Sometime it take a couple hours but I am back to normal..Only to see that in the evening it comes back. Normally this lasts about a week...This time it has been 4 weeks straight now. (I dont throw up every night But the burping is a for sure thing and upset stomach) And I am now finding that my stools are very very dark almost black. I have been told by a few people I need to see a Gas doctor. So I think I am gonna call one. Any info would be helpfull. I know I am probably leaving info out..But that is what is on my mind now....Thank-You very much for being here and for any info you may have to share. I found this place tonight and I really like what you have here.
i would say get you and appointment with a good gastro. doc. ask around and make sure you find a good one. the one thing i've learned is the longer you put off going to the doctor the worse it will get. as for the very dark stools, if they are dark brown and not tarry looking your probably just digesting abnormally. if they are dark and tarry this could possiblly mean some internal digestive bleeding. it's always better safe than sorry. go see a doctor..God Bless...