Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
IBS relief, anyone else tried aloe vera juice?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I've had IBS for years now.  I had the lap nissan surgery several months ago, and although it 100% cured the GERD problems, it seemed to worsen my IBS.
I've been travelling for the past few months and the IBS got so bad that I went to see a Naturopathic doctor.  
I have been taking three tablespoons of Aloe Vera juice twice a day for three weeks now, and could not have imagined better relief.
Has anyone else tried Aloe Vera Juice, did you experience any relief?
I have been to so many doctors about my IBS, and was told so many times that I had one of the worst cases they had seen.  (you could always feel my colon is spasm)
I'd recommend Aloe Vera Juice to anyone, I was completly sceptical, as nothing else has ever worked before. There is tons of documentation on the internet with IBS sufferers never having problems again.
Hi there.  I too tried Aloe Vera juice 4 years ago and was amazed with the results.  I had chronic gastro problems for 4 weeks and they cured a few weeks after taking the juice.
Question for you - does your IBS flare-up from time to time?  I'm going through a bad phase right now.  I've had chronic diarrhea, sometimes watery, for 5 weeks.  My stomach gurgles a lot after eating and then the diarrhea follows about 2-3 hrs later.  I've had no blood or fevers and not much lower abdominal pain (have had pain in the stomach area though).  I've lost some weight which could be a result of both the diarrhea and loss of apetite (eating seems to trigger diarrhea).  I'm in the process of waiting for a colonoscopy (fun fun) and gastroscopy and am kind of nervous about having an IBD.  The Doctor doesn't seem too concerned - he said it could be a bad case of IBS.  I just can't imagine this kind of severity (going on every day) to be IBS.  My IBS in the past never really interfered with anything - I more or less was just sensitive to different foods and seldom had diarrhea.  Any insight would be really helpful.

thanks in advance - Sara M
My husband has had Chrons for years and until recently he was told it was IBS.  I highly reccomend Aloe Vera Juice.  If you can get ahold of Georges Aloe water its the best.  Tastes like sweet water.  It works great for my husband.  I also use it for heartburn and upset stomachs.  Don't suffer with the others if you can get ahold of Gearges.  There is not bitter aftertaste and I promise you will never go back to other brands once using it.  No I do not sell it I just believe its the best.  

As far as the diareah I suggest using caltrate.  Its a brand of calcium.  Start with one a day and work your way up to no more than 12oomg per day.  Without this my husband could not control the diareah.  Also start taking acidopholis and bifodolfolis.  You can usually find them in a pill together.  Your body is washing away these wonderful bateria and you really need them.  Try these and see how much it changes things.  My husband was amazed. I hope theey help you also.
Thanks so much Wanda.  I've been taking calcium but in a tablet form so it's likely not being digested.  I will also look for your recommended brand of Aloe Vera juice and stick with my acidolphilis (Latero Flora - incredible stuff).  Do you mind me asking how your husband's doctor misdiagnosed your husband with Crohn's? I'm going for some testing next week (no fun) and I understand from my Doctor that the biopsies will show whether I have an IBD (Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis) or Celiac Disease.  He said even without the biopsies he can usually tell if some form of disease exists.  He doesn't suspect an IBD or celiac(why I have no idea)and suggested I may have a bad case of IBS.  Again, there are no guarantees until the testing is completed.  But I've never heard of a misdiagnosis as in your husband's case.  Do certain foods bother him?  I'm finding dairy and wheat do not work well with me (they set me on a 2-day course of diarrhea).  Did he too have ongoing Diarrhea for a few months?  Loss of weight?  Is it possible he put Crohn's into remission?  Any insights you could provide would be very appreciated. And again, thank you for your suggestions - I will begin right away and hope to feel better sooner than later.  Kindly, Sara M
Interesting. I've never heard of Aloe Vera juice. I may just have to ask my naturopath about that.
A related discussion, AMP Aloe Help for IBS was started.
A related discussion, GALLSTONE or BILE DUCT DISSOLVING was started.