Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Intestine

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Intestine

I went to a specialist about a year and a half ago and I was told that I have a valve in my intestine that has a spasm.  He said that the cause of the spasm was from my current diet and if I changed it I would get better.  I had to eliminate All dairy products, All fried foods, and fresh fruits and vegetables ( I can have cooked vegetables only).  The reason I had to eliminate these foods for the most part is because they are hard for me to process which causes the spasm.  I also found that I could no longer drink carbonated beverages.  All of these things make this valve that is in my intestine, located below my bottom right rib.  I changed my diet and I have lost over 50 pounds.  I am taking Clidinium to settle the spasms when they occur and I also take prevacid.  What I am looking for is a name for this problem and hopefully a way for me to be able to back to eating some of the food I used to be able to eat(especially a salad). I forgot to mention that any kind of oil added to my food makes my stomache do flip flops.  I am desperate to find a way to make the pain go away because the Clidinium has caused me at times to be very depressed.  Any help is appreciated.
I was just curious.. is there anyway that I could have a spasm like that on the left side of my body.. in my instestine.. it always seems to like bubble or whatever on the left side of my body.. it does this after I eat anything really.. it sux.
It is possible.  Does the bulging feeling feel like there is a knot in your intestine , almost like everything you just ate stopped in one spot in your intestine?  Also, is it more uncomfortable when you are sitting down?