Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Ischemic bowel disase

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Ischemic bowel disase
I am planning on taking Chitosol.  Is Crohn's considered a Ischemic bowel disease and do you think it is safe for me to take Chitosol?  I am not having any problems with the disease now and have been doing well for a long time.

Thank you
Bern
Recently diagnosed with ischemic colitis, from biopsy taken during a sigmoidoscopy. Was placed on tegratol400 mg tid, what should the next step be, I go back in two wks, although am having trouble getting the meds down due to GERD was given prevacol instead of prilosec and don't know if that is the problem or the tegratol, all the burning and I have eaten with every med taken,still makes me sick all I have done is gain wt. any suggestions. ck

Wish I knew what to tell you, but I am not familiar with that problem. Sounds pretty uncomfortable to me. Maybe you should see the Dr. sooner if possible. I had a problem with acid reflux a while back and my Dr. told me to eat smaller meals and if necessary to eat more often.  It worked for me but the weight I've put on is unreal.  Now I have to try to take it off and its real hard.
thanks, I will see my Dr. sooner, good luck to you ck