Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Itching with stomach attacks

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Itching with stomach attacks
Has anyone ever experienced itching with their stomach attacks or know of someone that has?
Sounds like an allergy maybe?
I had itching for 6 weeks. I was looked at for possible hodgkins relapse (lymphoma). But all tests came out negective. I wonder if the itching earlier has anything to do with my know on going gallbladder symptoms. Just a thought.
Don
Interesting connection with the itching and gallbladder. Prior to my surgery, my legs would itch so bad that sometimes they would bleed from my scratching so bad. I havent had any of that since my surgery.
I have been experiencing itching which is getting progressively worse.  I have had my gallbladder out in 1993 and have had various procedures on my bile ducts for blockage.  Now I am faced with what may be liver damage.  I am going to the liver specialist next week with hopes that something can be found.  All other test have come back normal.  I'm not sure if that is good or not.  I will let you know.

I am amazed I have found this site.......and someone mentioned ITCHING!!! I am about to undergo tests for Gall Bladder problems, and for over the 3 years I have had these problems ( put down to Irritable Bowel syndrome) I have had itchy legs, and an itching between the shoulder blades. I have it right now.... but I feel a whole lot better after reading about other peoples ITCHING.
I've been doing some reading on the net and came across some articles that describe your symptoms.  You might do a search on liver disease, especially cirhossis.
Thanks for all your comments.  It does sound allergy related, however, I've been tested for food allergies and have none, just mold and pollens. When I get the stomach attacks, my palms of my hands itch so bad.  It continues for a while after it's gone.  I used to actually break out in hives but not anymore.  I think it's because my body is used to the pain now.
Just got back from the liver specialist today.  He said he thought he could relieve the itching with a medication called Urso 250 mg.  He said it might take a week, but I guess I can stand it that much longer.  His inital diagnosis is primarily biliary cirrhosis, from repeated bile duct damage, but he wants to wait and get a few test back before we do anything else.  They drew 15 vials of blood today for all the tests, at least I feel he is being thorough and actually seems to know what is going on.  I will let you all know if anything else comes up.
A related discussion, fatty liver was started.