Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Killer Ulcer in the Back of mouth

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Killer Ulcer in the Back of mouth

Last wednesday, my throat started hurting really bad, by the morning on thursday i knew that those ulcers were back which i got last year very close to this time, only last year they were on my tonsils.  This time its just one big one and its on that flap of skin right in front of my tonsil and going down the back of my tounge, its white with and it has dimension and it feels like it is eating a hole through my skin.  I've given up on most foods, but i find that hot wings help but i also have IBS  so i shouldn't eat to many.  I got mono from drinking after my sister, so i'm definately getting plenty of rest but the pain keeps waking my up.  Is there anything i can do to ease the pain, and where can i find more information about this thing?  I need to know soon because i need to talk again.
My Dental Hygienist told me to try using Original Rembrandt toothpaste.  It does not contain Sodium Laurel Sulfate which tends to aggravate mouth ulcers.  Most toothpaste contain this ingredient.  As long as I use the Rembrandt I rarely have mouth ulcers and when I do they are much milder than before.  I understand your pain and sympathize with you.  Try a tube and see if it helps...the toothpaste is kind of expensive compared to others, but I gladly pay the cost to avoid the ulcers.