Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Klebsiella Pneumoniae & Stomach issues
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Klebsiella Pneumoniae & Stomach issues

I have had ongoing stomach discomfort (tightness, pain, internal gas) on and off for most of 2007, following a major stomach ailment in January (possibly food poisening, no antibiotics used) and then illness again in May (flu symptoms and then feeling of stomach acid that made it difficult to eat, caused me to feel like vomiting yet constantly hungry, also shortness of breath and wheezing; eventually given antiobiotics). Stomach issues resumed and in June I had intense stomach pains (tightness, internal feeling of gas, but little flatulence). In July a faecal test showed that I had klebsiella pneumoniae bacteria in my system. My doctor prescribed an antibiotic (Ciproby?) for a 10 day course 1 -250 mg capsule twice per day. My stomach at first settled but midway through I started to feel slight pains again. Within another two weeks of completing the course of antiobiotics, I had strong pains again - currently in upper abdomen (feeling of tightness, internal gas - but little flatulence, plus periodic diarhea (diarrhea), generally irregular bowel movements, and today a low grade fever (99F). What could be going on? Why am I not responding to the antiobiotics?