Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Lactose Intolerance and Nissen Fundoplication

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Does anyone know if lactose intolerance is a side effect of the Nissen Fundoplication surgery?  I have had two failed and one succesful fundo in the last year, and now suffer daily cramps and diarrhea.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Hi - It's me again. I went to the website listed above and asked the doctor the question about the lactose intolerance being a side affect of the Nissen Fundoplication.  Check that website to see if he or anyone else responds.  Normally answers within 24 hours.  Again, best of luck to you.
A related discussion, Lactose Intolerance- Nissen Fundoplication was started.