Lazy stomach or gastroparasis

My friend has been told that he has a "lazy stomach".  I think this is called gastroparasis.  He is in a great deal of pain and has had the "egg test" to see how long it takes for the food to leave his stomach.  I would appreciate any information regarding this illness and what treatment is usually prescribed.  He has been told that he will just have to live with this problem.  Thank you
Dear Peggy,
Gastroparesis is one of the more difficult problems a gastroenterologist has to treat. It sounds like your friend is having a
hard time. Delayed gastric emptying can be caused by mechanical obstruction, impairment of gastric motility secondary to drugs, inflammation, viral infection, diabetes, electrolyte disturbances, smooth muscle disorders or neurological disorders.The treatment for gastroparesis has centered around using a variety of medications that improve gastric emptying and nutritional
therapy. I don
A related discussion, what is the best treatment? was started.