Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Left shoulder and arm pain after drinking alcohol

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

This started almost a year ago. It started out as a slight pain on my left shoulder blade that occurred after a few drinks and by Christmas it had begun to include the back of my left arm down to the elbow and would occur within  a few minutes of my first few sips.
It took about two months to eliminate everything but alcohol, it being the only thing common to every episode. The doctor must have ignored me when I said that alcohol caused it, because when I asked if a certain medicine he prescribed could be taken while I'm drinking, he asked why I'd be taking it with alcohol. When I reminded him that it only happened when I drink he had no clue what I was talking about and it was nowhere in his notes.

from blood tests: bilirubin and alkaline phosphatase are above range and white blood cells are high but within range.

a neurologist did an EMG? and came up with something indication peripheral nerve root disfunction in the distribution of the left C8 radicle.

MRI showed a reversal of the normal cervical lordosis.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Does anyone experience anything like this, either from alcohol or any other food?
side note: a physical therapist I know said that he had been diagnosed for a similar pain with a displaced pain due to a gastrointestinal intolerance of carbonation and some types of food.
A related discussion, continuation of matt's post was started.
A related discussion, arm ache after alcol was started.