Loose Stool After Gall Bladder Removal
Since I had my gall bladder removed several years ago, I can't eat a normal breakfast or lunch without cramping and loose stool. Usually, the stool is very yellowish (excess bile?). I can't find a cure. Cholestyramine causes too much gas and Imodium has been ineffective. Changes in diet haven't helped either. It has gotten to the point where I'm afraid to go to a restaurant or on long trips. My best friend is now the bathroom. Is there any other medication or therapy out there? Help!!!
Ask your doctor about Questran.  I was given a prescription of this but since I don't have loose stools all the time, I have not had my prescription filled.  I'm afraid that my sometime normal bowel movements will turn into constipation.  Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?