Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Loose stools and back pain

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Loose stools and back pain

I have lower back pain and pain in the right groin area.  I also have loose stools.  Could there be a correlation? I have recently been diagnosed with gastritis and have it under control with PPIs and diet.  The back pain is annoying and I seem to be obsessing about bowel movements.  Am I just stressing?
1 Comment
You should go to the doctors..a few weeks ago my husband had low back pain and then the pain started to move around to the front shooting down to his groin area..that is not what he called it, but anyways..he went to the doctors and found out it was a cold in his kidneys and bladder.
I also get it when i sit on something cold or my feet get cold,(diahrea too) but when I feel it coming on I drink Cranberry Juice which flushes everything out or i force down some yogurt.
Go to your doctors and they can tell from a urine sample.
Good Luck, virgo