Lower left abdominal pain and back pain
I need sokme help please.  I have been experiencing lower left abdominal pain and lopwer left side back pian for three months now.  I have been seing a GI doc who can not figure out why I am having these pains.  They have done test after test to no vaail, I have had a colonscopy, CT, numerious X-Rays, cystocopy done.  I have also had physical therapy and nurelogical exams, all of which came back normal.  The problems started with the consumption of hot coffee and since then they have not stopped.  I have been taking antiinflamatory drugs and antidepressives for IBS but the pian is still there.  The back pain goes away after I sit ujp in a chair for ten minutes but the stomach pain presists.  The drugs help a little but the pain is still there.  My stools have returned to some form of normalcy with the assistance of metamucil.  Prior to metamucil I alternated between loose stools and constipation.  Anyone else experiencing these similar problems started by coffee?  I am getting very frustrated with all the tests and no relief.
I recently experienced the same symptoms. Pain in my lower left abdomen and back, along with absolutely debilitating fatigue. Between the two I could barely move. My doctor wrote orders for a urine test and abdominal ultrasound. I was certain that I had some sort of infection. (I have alot of sinus trouble, and have on two occasions developed infectious ulcers as a result. In those cases, antibiotic treatment took care of both).

Of, course since there was no visible sign of infection (ie. fever) the doctor wanted to begin a series of testing. I just needed to get better. For the first time ever, I took matters into my own hands, and did two things. First I began taking Fibercon to eliminate all constipation. Secondly, I order an antibiotic off of the internet to treat myself. I chose cefalexin (generic keflex) because it is a good and powerful broad spectrum antibiotic, and one that I could obtain without a prescription. While this is not something I would normally do, I was desperate to get better, and could see I was going nowhere with the doctor's office.

It worked! I took 500 mg. twice per day for three weeks. I have since used the metamucil wafers as fiber therapy to stay "regular" because constipation is also a problem for me. I hope this helps.

A related discussion, left abdominal pain was started.