Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Lower left abdominal pain and back pain
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lower left abdominal pain and back pain

I need sokme help please.  I have been experiencing lower left abdominal pain and lopwer left side back pian for three months now.  I have been seing a GI doc who can not figure out why I am having these pains.  They have done test after test to no vaail, I have had a colonscopy, CT, numerious X-Rays, cystocopy done.  I have also had physical therapy and nurelogical exams, all of which came back normal.  The problems started with the consumption of hot coffee and since then they have not stopped.  I have been taking antiinflamatory drugs and antidepressives for IBS but the pian is still there.  The back pain goes away after I sit ujp in a chair for ten minutes but the stomach pain presists.  The drugs help a little but the pain is still there.  My stools have returned to some form of normalcy with the assistance of metamucil.  Prior to metamucil I alternated between loose stools and constipation.  Anyone else experiencing these similar problems started by coffee?  I am getting very frustrated with all the tests and no relief.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
I recently experienced the same symptoms. Pain in my lower left abdomen and back, along with absolutely debilitating fatigue. Between the two I could barely move. My doctor wrote orders for a urine test and abdominal ultrasound. I was certain that I had some sort of infection. (I have alot of sinus trouble, and have on two occasions developed infectious ulcers as a result. In those cases, antibiotic treatment took care of both).

Of, course since there was no visible sign of infection (ie. fever) the doctor wanted to begin a series of testing. I just needed to get better. For the first time ever, I took matters into my own hands, and did two things. First I began taking Fibercon to eliminate all constipation. Secondly, I order an antibiotic off of the internet to treat myself. I chose cefalexin (generic keflex) because it is a good and powerful broad spectrum antibiotic, and one that I could obtain without a prescription. While this is not something I would normally do, I was desperate to get better, and could see I was going nowhere with the doctor's office.

It worked! I took 500 mg. twice per day for three weeks. I have since used the metamucil wafers as fiber therapy to stay "regular" because constipation is also a problem for me. I hope this helps.
Blank
I recently experienced the same symptoms. Pain in my lower left abdomen and back, along with absolutely debilitating fatigue. Between the two I could barely move. My doctor wrote orders for a urine test and abdominal ultrasound. I was certain that I had some sort of infection. (I have alot of sinus trouble, and have on two occasions developed infectious ulcers as a result. In those cases, antibiotic treatment took care of both).

Of, course since there was no visible sign of infection (ie. fever) the doctor wanted to begin a series of testing. I just needed to get better. For the first time ever, I took matters into my own hands, and did two things. First I began taking Fibercon to eliminate all constipation. Secondly, I order an antibiotic off of the internet to treat myself. I chose cefalexin (generic keflex) because it is a good and powerful broad spectrum antibiotic, and one that I could obtain without a prescription. While this is not something I would normally do, I was desperate to get better, and could see I was going nowhere with the doctor's office.

It worked! I took 500 mg. twice per day for three weeks. I have since used the metamucil wafers as fiber therapy to stay "regular" because constipation is also a problem for me. I hope this helps.
Blank
A related discussion, left abdominal pain was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity