Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Lower stomach pain,pressure in rectum

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Lower stomach pain,pressure in rectum

I started getting pain underneath my left and right rib cage. I got indigestion, and heartburn, and was advised to only eat small meals. I had 2 nights of really bad indigestion,with pain in my back between shoulder blades, and it helped to walk around and burp. One night I had severe pain under my rib cage ,left and right, a stinging, and indigestion that went on for hours.I finaly took some Peptobismo ,and it went away immediately.I was assured by doctornothing else was wrong and things got better. I had been ok for 5 months,occasionaly had pain in my lower abdomen,bad cramps, all the way across,and myleft and right side, where ovaries are I thought it had to do with mid cycle pain. Butnow I got an itcing in my anus andtingling, I woke up at night and thought itfelt like something crawling, maybe worms. It also felt a  little swollen.Than all of a sudden the itching stopped. I had a bowl movement, and still felt pressure, so an hour later I went again, but the pressure stayed for the next week,like I have to go again, I just want to push something out , but there is nothing there.The muscle when you push to have a bowlmovement, feels like I have to push all the time.I went to doctor,she did the gloved finger thing,said everything ok, felt my pelvic inside, and thought my uterus felt kind of heavy, she thought Fibroids. I had an ultrasound,they checked uterus, kidneys, ovaries, everything ok.The pressure went slightly away, it just feels like something is stuck in there. When I go speed walking,it seemslike I can feel it more.
When I carry something heavy, I can feel it more,now I also got a lot of gas and bloating. It feels I eat and dring all day and it just makes my stomch get bigger, and it hurts all over. I never had any poblems with bowl movements Ever since this started, every morning I wake up I feel a lot movement and gas in my stomach, it stops and a little later within half an hour, after I got up I have to go to the bathroom. The stool is normal, not too loose or hard, there is no blood and i did one of those tests for blood in stool.I only get a little looser stol after I had spicier food, or milk, but I always had that. One of the night I had severe stomach pain again, in the lower abdomen, it pulled all the way across my back, and felt like menstrual pain. The next morning my stool , had some indigested food pieces (pasta).I always feel like something is hanging in between my butt and tailbone.  I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and I know I worry to much and a lot of symptoms I had since last year I brought on myself, they went away everytime after I had been tested. But this doesn't go away,and I worry now that the whole time something has been wrong with my colcon. I am 37 years old. Can anyone relate to this pressure in rectum?
I am a 49 year old male and have exangly the same symptoms you describe. Have had them for about 8 weeks now  but off and on. I had clear urine and occult blood tests also.  Doc thought since I had burning pain in abdomin (abdomen)  was urinary tract related.  Did total blood workup, Ivp scan. abdominal scan, ultrasound, protate digital rectal exam.  All great but still had problem so pretty much indicated was in  the colon area. I researched this and other forum and sites for information.  I did not eat or drink well.  I started drinking losts of water and got protein drinks. What really helped me with  the pain which pretty much went away  and somedays does, but notice what I eat seems to affect it and cause a flairup, such as today. When  I drink Aloe vera juice which is not that great tasting but it works and I take Garlic tablets which is a natural colon cleansing herb.  I also take ginger root which is for stomach digestion as I had some unprocessed food also a couple of times. I was very worried too and still have a concern but when  the pain I had in the abdomin (abdomen) and rib areas totally went away with the start of taking these juices and herbs I was relieved greatly.  I am going to see a Gas Doc. in a few days to go and get a colonoscopy done as I need it at my age anyway.  I will see if I have a colon problem like maybe IBS or posibly something more.  But the fact It went away or was reduced is encurouging to me as being IBS and I have to learn to watch what I eat and drink from now on.  If something  else,  will deal with  it.  I suggest you try the Aloe vera juice and Garlic  and use as directed.  I was  really amazed how the next day  I felt and inflamation (inflammation) or whatever  was causing the pressure I had started diminishing.  But  I still have periods of slight pain but   nothing  like it was for  6 weeks.   Just a little insite for you  if it helps   let me  know what you find out ok.
I've had a similar experience myself for the last 4 months.  The pressure I have in my rectum seems to come and go, but it does get worse right before my menstrual cycle.  Would there be a nurse out there that could give us some kind of ideal as to what may be causing this.  I myself have had several children and my rectum instead of being round seems to be odlong now.
Thanks in advance.
Another comment here regarding the rectal itching and "worm crawling" ( great subject to talk about  HUH, lol)  I had that too for about 4 days was cleaning with soap.  Stopped that and cleaned with  damp tissue and started using hemmoroid cream for itching.  Would put some high up  and  I don't know  but my sweeling feeling started going down also.  Maybe a coincidence don't know  but  I know I was happy about it. I read up on internal hemorroids (hemorrhoids) and thought maybe  I have that.  Doc.didn't say anything about that  but then  I didn't mention it  and maybe he didn't think about that since swelling was down when I went to him.  Just  another thing  I am, passing along.   Let me know  what anyone finds out here.  OK?  OK!   Don't worry is the main thing  I found  it made it worse to dwell on it till you find out something.  Jim
I have had a pressure feeling in my rectum for 7 months now...very frustrating.  I have had a flex sigmoid scope, proctoscope, CTScan, ultrasound, and an MRI.  My CT and Ultrasound did indicate an area of swelling near the rectum, however when my MRI was done it showed nothing. Dr felt it was a spasm problem and maybe FMS.  I do have a history of IBS over the past 6 years.  My IBS started with mosting upper GI discomforts but over the years moved down. I also was in a state of chronic stress for most of that time.  When I wake up in the am I feel just great until I have a bowel movement.  The pressure is then there all day and gets worse when I do any activity.  I do eat a very healthy diet and try to get at least 25 grams of fiber a day plus drink at least 3 32oz bottles of water every day so I don't get constipated. However, even with this I still have frequent changes in my stool.  I never get "the runs" with my IBS.  It was suggested I take a tricyclic antidepressant--Elavil--in a low dose; unable to tolerate the side effects.  I may now try Pamelor which is similar but side effects may not be as bad.  I had also taken Ultram which does give me relief to get thru a day--small dose also, 1 50mg pill twice a day.  I am at about wits end with this since it has now seemed to consume my life.  I am also going for mental therapy to learn how to relax and understand my "issues".  I always thought that IBS comes and goes but apparently the symptoms can be constant.  I had also heard that internal massage may be helpful for the spasms  and wonder if anyone knows of any therapists in the Pittsburgh, PA area who are trained to deal with pelvic floor muscle spasms.  It really helps to have a DR who will rule out other things before giving an IBS  or Fibro diagnosis.
I had alot of these symptoms and found it was Lactose Intollerance. Worth a try. Good Luck!!
I have read your comments did you have a problem with sitting? I seem to have a problem with seating directly on my butt. Pain use when I rush to have a bowel movement. Let me know

Alvin
A related discussion, pressure in rectum was started.
A related discussion, what is swelling of the rectum ? was started.
I have rectal pressure and bloating in lower stomach and the urge to urinate, can anybody please help me I can't figure it out, these symptoms been going on for about a year, e-mail me I need advise
***@****
A related discussion, I can help with some of this was started.
A related discussion, TO ALL YOU was started.
I have had THE SAME symptoms - exactly! So much so, I couldn't believe what I was reading. However, I have found the cause of my problem...WHEAT ALLERGY! I had a blood test and was tested for 8 different food allergies and the wheat one showed up right away! Now, I just avoid all gluten and my symptoms are few and far between. I occasionally get some gluten if I'm not careful and it will mess me up for a day or two; but I feel so much better over all! If you don't want to get allergy tested, try cutting out all gluten containing foods and see if there is any difference. I bet you will be able to tell very soon! I really hope this helps you and that you get to feeling better. Take care.
A related discussion, Rectal Pain was started.
I'm a 17 year old female. Occasionally, or maybe 2-4 times a month, I get a weird heavy feeling in my lower abdomen, I usually think its me ovulating, but I'm usually wrong. When I push my tummy in, my rectum hurts. And when I push to have a bowel movement...it hurts so much I don't want to push. The pain is uncomfortable during exercise, or movement. Lower abdomen, right left and middle pains. And in the rectum. Anyone have any answers?