Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Lump near tailbone-pain when sit

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Lump near tailbone-pain when sit

I've been in extreme pain now for a year and a half.  For the first three months I just had pain when I sat down, very painful.  Then I started leaking a clear brownish fluid out of my anus, which after 2 months progressed to bleeding with the discharge.  I had a fistulotomy done which stopped the bleeding.  But about 4 months ago I developed a lump to the right of my tailbone, about an inch south of the top of my but crack.  It's about the size of a golfball and hurts like hell when I sit on it.  And when I push on the lower part of the lump, I can feel fluid and air and hear it.  The pain I've been going through for the past year and a half has been debilitating and severe.  I've has 3 CT scans, an x-ray, and several digital exams by the GI surgen who has been treating me, as well as a sigmoidoscopy and a colonoscopy.  The Doctors do not know what is wrong with me.  Can anyone help or share their story?

OUCH! that sounds painful!  I had a lump in my lower back before, but i only had it for a couple of months.  I could move this lump around as well, but i couldn't hear any sounds pushing on it or anything.  It became pretty painful.  I was SCARED and i went to my doc and she told me that it was a muscle that "popped out".  I'm still not exactly sure what she ment by that, but she told me to just leave it alone and it would go away.  A couple of months later it did.  Could you try to see a back specialist or something??  Maybe you have something to do with the muscles in your back like a major muscle spasm or something.  That sounds horrible!!  i hope you're feeling better soon!
another thing you may want to do is ask your doctor if this could possibley be a fistula which is wher stool tunnels out side of bowel or diverticular can cause one .they are very painful i have had 2 surgeries done due to fistulas and considering the location of the lump. i would sugest seeing your doctor as soon as possible due to the fact if it is a fistula i was told by my doctor it is possible for them to rupture. good luck with your problem .