Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Lump on outside of anus

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Lump on outside of anus
I have a medium sized growth on the outside of my anus. It is on the edge of anus, closest to my "fleshy fun bridge" (I don't know what its called). Anyways, it is quite painful when contacted and it just showed up over night. Its about the size of half a penny(oval), and is slightly grayish. Any suggestions on what I should do. It makes going to the bathroom or just sitting down kinda painful.

I believe that would be a hemorrhoid, but you might wanna check with an actual doctor.
what is a hemmoroid? is it bad?
2 years ago I started out with what I thought was hemroids.  It started out kind of small like yours.  Don't recall what color it was.  However, it went from the size of dime to the size of an orange from Thursday to Tuesday.  It turned out to be a Perianal Cyst which I've been told is nothing to mess around with.  You probably should make an appointment with your doctor to find out if its a hemroid like you suspect or this other.  Not to scare you but I ended up having emergency surgery for this condition.  It took about 5 weeks to heal.  Keep us posted on what the doctor says.  Best of luck to you.  I certainly feel your pain.  Ouch!!!
To answer your question, check this out:

http://www.merck.com/pubs/mmanual_home/sec9/103.htm

Obviously I could be totally wrong, as Baseball_Mom sounds like she knows what she's talking about, unlike myself - on this topic anyway. Best advice is probably to see your doctor about your condition.

Good luck.