Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Morning stomach pains

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Morning stomach pains

Almost every morning since I was about 13 I have intense stomach pain almost every morning, somtimes so bad I can't even take in a full breath of air, and it is my entire abdomen. The pain usually fades away within 2 hours but sometimes it lasts the whole morning. Does anyone experience this or know what it is?
hey..... i have the same thing. i don't know what it is either. i've never considered going to the doctor for it, because it's been going on for so long and it's so random. i figure it's just gas that accumulates in my stomach during the night or something... then i lie on it and it presses on stuff... just a guess. i'm certainly no doctor :)
I am on here looking for information about my daughter. She is 18 and since she was 9 she vomits in the morning. It sounds a little similair to your problems. You have the pain maybe she just has the weeker stomach so it comes up. We have been through numerous teast for everything from Cancer to Anemia and so far nothing. It is sad that you all have to live with this. I wish there was an answer to get over the problems.
Could your daughter have gastric reflux?
My husband has had gastric reflux for several years now and he throws up every morning.  I've heard stories from elevating the upper body in bed so the acid doesn't splash up to medication to surgery.  He now has a severe cough which is from his reflux.  He's had every medication known to Man and medication to assist with the side effects of the medication until one day he said "I'll just keep putting up with the throwing up every day - it can't be as bad as the medication!"  He's still going to doctors and specialists so it's a never ending story.  He's had the endoscopy (camera down the throat) and the experts say his reflux is deformed and he's had it all his life.  He's always had a sensitive stomach but now he's in his late thirties his reflux has decided to give up on him.  We've heard of a laser therapy but don't know if it's being practised here in Australia yet.  There is talk of it coming here so hopefully this will be less intrusive than surgery (my husband doesn't like that idea).
RosiG :-}