Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Mucous in Stoole, Sore Throat w/ lots of mucous, diarrea(diarrhea), con...

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Mucous in Stoole, Sore Throat w/ lots of mucous, diarrea(diarrhea), constipation

I am a 20 year ol female with no history of colon cancer in my family, but I am terribly worried about a set of sypmtoms I have.  I have had blood in my stool ocassionally for about 4 years so I went to the proctologist and he told me I had internal hemmroids, so after I used suppositories I felt fine for a while, but now I feel terrible.  There is no more blood, but lots of mucous, inconsistent bowel movements flatulence, belching, lower back pain, occasional abdominal pain.  When I have a BM there are wierd sounds sometimes the stool becomes very narrow at the end, sometimes its regular, sometimes its green.  I think this is more than hemmroids.
have you ever been tested for crohns disease?  how about the thought that it could just be irritable bowel syndrome.  hope that's all it is.

good luck

pam
I would ask for more tests. That way it would put your mind at ease and take away the big C word from your mind. Have you had a colonoscopy? I hope you feel better soon! Don't worry, I'm sure something can be done!
I reported the same symptoms to my internist in 1987.  It turned out to be candida (yeast) overgrowth in my intestines.  I took Nystatin and the symptoms started to ease immediately.  I stayed on Nystatin for a couple of years.  A side note is that I was having severe allergies at the time.  I remember accidently eating a green pea and I would have called an ambulance if I didn't have an inhaler.  After the Nystatin, I can eat anything with no reaction.  Before the Nystatin, I had to arrange my whole life around my intestinal stability and bowel attacks.  I would stop eating in order to go out of town on a car trip.  I also found out I had very low thyroid function the same year.  I can't prove any connection, but the low thyroid creates an environment for many other physical problems.  I only mention that because you have a sore throat.  My thyroid sore throat was like a sore muscle not like an inflamation (inflammation) on the inside surface of my throat.  May God Bless you and may you find the answers to your physical problems.  ***@****
Your symptoms sound somewhat similar to mine. I have irregular bowel movements lower back pain, abdominal pain.only on left side. I have had a sore throat for about a year now and a swollen right lymphnode. Lots of mucous/ but the doctor says I have allergies. The only time I have blood in stool is when i am dehydrated and stool is hard and painful to pass. but otherwise none.
I am going through the doctor visit thing and am hoping to find a solution as well. Being 20 you are at a very low risk of having colon cancer. even with it being hereditary.
Hope you find the solution!! take care
Have you checked into Diverticulitis?
www.gutfeelings.com/DIVERTICULITIS.HTML
just a thought /  includes bleeding.
ok saw the doctor; he doesn't seem extremely worried and put me on fiber con to help make my bowel movements regular.
i had diverticulitis so bad had a hurting in my right side really bad my doctor told me theres not much you can do.
i had diarrea (diarrhea) so bad was afraid to go anywheres that i couldnt get to a bath room. then i had a friend who told me about msm
(methyl sulfonyl methane) i started taking it and now i dont have any problems my bm are once a day and i dont worry about what i eat or not afraid to go any wheres.