Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Mucous in Stoole, Sore Throat w/ lots of mucous, diarrea(diarrhea), con...

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Mucous in Stoole, Sore Throat w/ lots of mucous, diarrea(diarrhea), constipation

I am a 20 year ol female with no history of colon cancer in my family, but I am terribly worried about a set of sypmtoms I have.  I have had blood in my stool ocassionally for about 4 years so I went to the proctologist and he told me I had internal hemmroids, so after I used suppositories I felt fine for a while, but now I feel terrible.  There is no more blood, but lots of mucous, inconsistent bowel movements flatulence, belching, lower back pain, occasional abdominal pain.  When I have a BM there are wierd sounds sometimes the stool becomes very narrow at the end, sometimes its regular, sometimes its green.  I think this is more than hemmroids.
Avatar n tn
have you ever been tested for crohns disease?  how about the thought that it could just be irritable bowel syndrome.  hope that's all it is.

good luck

pam
Avatar n tn
I would ask for more tests. That way it would put your mind at ease and take away the big C word from your mind. Have you had a colonoscopy? I hope you feel better soon! Don't worry, I'm sure something can be done!
Avatar n tn
I reported the same symptoms to my internist in 1987.  It turned out to be candida (yeast) overgrowth in my intestines.  I took Nystatin and the symptoms started to ease immediately.  I stayed on Nystatin for a couple of years.  A side note is that I was having severe allergies at the time.  I remember accidently eating a green pea and I would have called an ambulance if I didn't have an inhaler.  After the Nystatin, I can eat anything with no reaction.  Before the Nystatin, I had to arrange my whole life around my intestinal stability and bowel attacks.  I would stop eating in order to go out of town on a car trip.  I also found out I had very low thyroid function the same year.  I can't prove any connection, but the low thyroid creates an environment for many other physical problems.  I only mention that because you have a sore throat.  My thyroid sore throat was like a sore muscle not like an inflamation (inflammation) on the inside surface of my throat.  May God Bless you and may you find the answers to your physical problems.  ***@****
Avatar n tn
Your symptoms sound somewhat similar to mine. I have irregular bowel movements lower back pain, abdominal pain.only on left side. I have had a sore throat for about a year now and a swollen right lymphnode. Lots of mucous/ but the doctor says I have allergies. The only time I have blood in stool is when i am dehydrated and stool is hard and painful to pass. but otherwise none.
I am going through the doctor visit thing and am hoping to find a solution as well. Being 20 you are at a very low risk of having colon cancer. even with it being hereditary.
Hope you find the solution!! take care
Avatar n tn
Have you checked into Diverticulitis?
www.gutfeelings.com/DIVERTICULITIS.HTML
just a thought /  includes bleeding.
Avatar n tn
ok saw the doctor; he doesn't seem extremely worried and put me on fiber con to help make my bowel movements regular.
Avatar n tn
i had diverticulitis so bad had a hurting in my right side really bad my doctor told me theres not much you can do.
i had diarrea (diarrhea) so bad was afraid to go anywheres that i couldnt get to a bath room. then i had a friend who told me about msm
(methyl sulfonyl methane) i started taking it and now i dont have any problems my bm are once a day and i dont worry about what i eat or not afraid to go any wheres.