Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Multiple Anal Fissues
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Multiple Anal Fissues

Dear friends,
I am a 33 year old female. I have no history of Chrone's in my family, and i dont smoke.

For the last 2 years i have been having chronic anal fissures and hemorrhoids. My fissures are multiple but they are not all the way around the anus-predominantly between 3 and 9 o"clock anterior (hemorrhoids are located there also). I went to see my general practitioner this week and next week i am seeing GI. The general practitioner said that it is unlikely to be Chron'e because "the story is not right". I do have, although regular, quite hard BM. Also the blood test came back completely normal.
I do have a bit of irritation in my stomach (possibly beginning of an ulcer) which flares up when I am pervious-so far in 2 years it happened only twice and went away on its own. Also i have rumbling in my stomach, a bit of gas and a it of bloating sometimes--but my diet is very high in vegetables etc.
I am just very confused about anal fissures because everywhere on the internet it says that if they are a result of physical damage, the appear on 12 and 6 o"clock line, and if they are lateral, there are underlying causes such as Chron's, HIV, herpes etc. I dont have any of the other deseases and early IBD could be the only thing. Should i be worried?
If you have any info on the above matter, I would be very grateful to hear it.
Thank you in advance.