Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
My Father continues to throw up after eating and denies it...
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My Father continues to throw up after eating and denies it...

My father is 57 and in good shape, expect has a large belly.  For the last 3 years, he has been throwing up most of his food right after eating.  He hides this from his family and denies it when my mom asks him about it.  I had acid reflux and it runs on his side of the family.  I am concerned that he is getting worse, and has won't take steps to find out what is causing this to occur.  He may be on some reflux meds, but they are obviously not working.  After he throws up, he will not touch the rest of his food.  We are having an "intervention" and insisting that he see a Dr. and possibly get an upper GI.  His PCP may know something, but he doesn't know how bad it is.  Here is my question:  I want to give my dad some examples about what will happen if he doesn't get this problem fixed.  I know that he can get Barrett's Epithelium, espophageal cancer among other things.  Could he possibly have an ulcer or something else going on that I may suggest?  My reflux only occurred when I ate before bed, which was cured by medicine.  I am just so worry about my dad, and now I am putting my food down by using the facts.  I just want to facts to help me with this intervention. Thank you.