Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
My liver biospy showed scar tissue and cirrhosis
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My liver biospy showed scar tissue and cirrhosis

I am very upset and afraid.  On October 23, 2003 I was Dx with HCV. and after verious tests on May 28, 2004. I was told by my doctor that scar tissue in my liver rated on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being cirrhosis or a lot of scar tissue would be 2. I than was encouraged to consider treatment.

Is Cancer and Cirrhosis the same Illnessd? Or how do each differ from the other? I thought HCV was my biggest problem, now I also have Liver Cirrhosis, please help me .

I Work in a very stressful job, with lots of over-time. I don't know if I can handle treatment and not show I am weak and sick.

I am going to see my doctor next week and I want to have questions to ask concerning Cirrhosis and HCV.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I HAVE TO TELL YOU ALL THIS WEB SITE IS VERY VERY VERY GOOD, BECAUSE IT GIVE PEOPLE WHO ARE SICK AND AFRAID MEDICAL HELP AND SUPPORT WHEN THEY NEED IT.

SINCERELY
NOTALRIGHTIND