Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Nausea

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Nausea

I had gastric bypass surgery (RNY) on 12/12/01. Since 12/19/01, I have been experiencing constant nausea. I was hospitalized on 12/31/01 (released on 1/7/02) because the Zantac 15 (liquid) and promethazine 25 mg were not working. In the hospital, several tests were ran. The result was that there was not obstruction, and that the surgery was a success. I am currently taking Prochlorperazine 10 mg (generic for compazine). I am still experiencing pain after eating (in the pouch) and nausea. Has anyone else experienced this? How did they deal with it? What can I do to lessen the nausea? I have to eat, however, I dread putting anything in my pouch. I think that I made a mistake having this surgery, but it is too late now.
I can't help you with the Gastric Bypass Surgery but I can offer advice for the nausea.  You may want to try Phenergan or Tigan.  You may also want to see about trying the motion sickness relief bands.
Pheneragan is gold to me....it helps so much w/the nausea, BUT it does make you very tired. I take about a 1/2 at a time.  My doctor doesn't like to prescribe it, but it works. I had my gallbladder removed almost a year ago. Still having nausea, bowel problems. This is temporary, but it does help!!!