Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Nissen Fundoplication

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Nissen Fundoplication

I am 28 years old female and  had the Nissen surgery and gallbladder removal about 1 month ago and I am having terrible stomach pains. My surgeon told me that I would never be able to vomit from the Nissen, but since my surgery I have vomited more that I ever have. I am also having heartburn. I called my surgeon and explained to her what was going on and she was telling me that the heartburn she is not worried about, but to check with my regular doctor for the flu virus. I have had these pains since surgery and they are just getting worse. I am getting these pain about 4 to 5 times aday and some make me vomit. The pain itself is so horrible that sometimes I wonder what my surgeon really did. I am scheduled to see another gastro doctor this week but I am looking for any suggestions to help my pain.
What is a Nissen surgery?
I think your surgen is nuts.  I had the nissen and when the heartburn started he did some tests and had to redo my surgery.  Now I am having the problems again and in the process of taking some tests to see what is up.  Good luck.
What is Nissen surgery? Is it different from a Laproscopy??? I am having a Lap. done on the 24th and I would like to know if they can remove the g/b and check all the ducts etc., this way.
I have been suffering with somach problems for a long time and now am finally going for the nissan procedure in 2 weeks. Alot of doctors told me that I had a minor problem and that a diet change and medication would cure me. After the 3rd time in emerge with severe sromach pain I finally got to see a stomach specialist. After he did a Ph test on me, he suggested that I should get the operation. I hope it works out, If I were you I would really push to get scoped to see how the valve is working. This way be the cause of the vomiting. The stomach Ph test would indicate the problem.
good-luck
hi there,
   I had a Nissen Fundoplication and gallbladder removal done about a year and a half ago, it's the best thing i've ever done. I got it all done with a laporoscopy. I do now have chest pain tho that i don't know what it is, sometimes very painful, eating relieves this. If any of you experience this i would appriciate it if you could tell me if you have any idea what it is??
The Nissen is when they wrap part of your stomach around the bottom valve in your esophagus. That stops food etc coming back up into the esophagus. I've never had any more heartburn since.
I had the Nissen done two weeks ago. I am having sharp pains in the shoulder blades and gas galore. I am having unusally bad pain in my abdomen near my incisions. I had the surgery due to GERD and a chronic cough. My cough has returned and my doc seems to blow it off. I had six incisions and broke out in a rash. I had no idea under my bandages I had about 24 staples in my stomach. I hope it all gets better with time. I am also curious how would you know if it had come undoneM