Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Non - Ulcer Dysepsia

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Non - Ulcer Dysepsia

Have you had this diagnosis after some tests could not explain your stomach pain ?
I had blood tests, stool for h.pylori
ultrasound
upper g.i. barrium study
Nexium 40 mg. for 6 weeks ,
Tried : Carafate for a day
Mylanta, Rolaids : no help, Ranitidine: 3 days of rapid heart and still pain, Prevacid: no help and pvc's,pac's
My concern is my limited diet and 15 lbs weight loss.
I find a banana and peanut butter : no heartburn
cream of wheat and white toast : tolerable
Heartburn lasts 3 hours and seems to have GERD symptoms as well.
I awake with the gnawing hunger pains and after 3.5 months and The G.I. doctor says here are some more pills.
What about a Catscan and or MRI with contrast, Did this help you ?
I live a very healthy lifestyle and no diet, exercise changes were needed do to keeping my heart healthy.
Would like to feel better ? Share your thoughts and Thanks
Dyspepsia
Have you ever tried Carafate ?
To relieve abdominal pain and chronic heartburn after small bland meals ?
Any of you find help with over the couter or a drugh with less side-effects ?
I JUST WENT TO A VERY GOOD HEALTH FOOD STORE TODAY AND THEY GAVE ME SOME INFO. ON ORANGE PEEL EXTRACT TO TREAT GERD. SOUNDS WEIRD, BUT I TOO CANNOT TOLERATE THESE NUMEROUS MEDICATIONS AND I AM CONSIDERING TRYING IT. SUPPOSEDLY ALL NATURAL, NO SIDE EFFECTS. YOU TAKE IT EVERY OTHER DAY FOR 20 DAYS AND SEE HOW IT WORKS. IT SAYS THAT PEOPLE TYPICALLY EXPERIENCE 90% RELIEF WITHIN THE FIRST FEW DAYS. I FIGURE I GOT NOTHING TO LOSE, YA KNOW???
Thank you so much, Let us know how you do ?
Have you ever tried Licorice ?
I am so frustrated that my nervous system reacts to the meds my doctor recommends, But I never take anything But a multi-vit and now I know why.
thanks
I ALSO TRIED PAPAYA TABLETS. AGAIN, ALL NATURAL AND THEY TASTE PRETTY GOOD. VERY INEXPENSIVE. USUALLY TAKE ONE OR TWO AFTER A MEAL AND IT REALLY HELPS WITH THE BLOATING. IT'S SUPPOSED TO AID IN DIGESTION. DEFINATELY WORTH A TRY. THE ONLY LICORICE I USE IS IN THE FORM OF SAMBUCA. HA HA HA. REALLY, I HAVE HEARD LICORICE HELPS, BUT YOU NEED TO GET DEGLYCYRRHIZINATED LICORICE (DGL), OTHERWISE PLAIN OLD LICORICE CAN CAUSE A SEVERE INCREASE IN BLOOD PRESSURE. BY THE WAY, WHAT KIND OF SIDE EFFECTS DID YOU GET ON THE MEDS? JUST FOR MY OWN INFO. I WAS REALLY SPACEY, SORT OF CONFUSED, DIZZY AND REALLY REALLY DROWSEY. GOOD LUCK!
Carafate liguid: Which is to comfort the throat and stomach and cover the ulcer.
Yesterday it made me very dizzy and tired
Prevacid: heart racing, insomnia, diareha
Nexium 40 mg. 6 weeks: No relief and headache,nausea,abdominal pain.
Ranitidine 150 mg. : 3 days of Dry throat, heart racing, no appetitie, sleeplessness
Mylanta,Tums,Rolalids: No relief
Peanut butter and cream of wheat, bananas seem to not cause as much GERD after I eat. No meats or veges.
This diet makes one way too thin though.
I heard Papaya Enzymes were awesome. I'm going to try those, too. Also, Lactobacilius Acidophillus...which is the good bacteria the stomach needs because it is destroyed by antibiotics trying to kill infections...especially Hpylori and helps with digestion also and motility.

You can get it two ways: in Yogurt with active cultures and pill form at your Health Food Store. Works great!