Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Non Alchoholic Cirrhosis of the Liver?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Non Alchoholic Cirrhosis of the Liver?

In November of 2000 I was diagnosed with Non Alchoholic Cirrhosis of the Liver -- The doctor's can't figure out how I got it --  It seems they say I fall into a 20% catagory where the cause is unknown --  I have to go have my liver levels checked every 3 months to follow it up --  Other than that I don't really know what else to do --  I was being checked for gall stones because I had a lot of pain on my right side and that's how they found it --  The doctor said my liver is degenerating --  Can anyone give me any information on this --  Has anyone ever heard of it --  I checked it out on the internet and found out a lot about it but most people get cirrhosis from drinking or hepatitis or a few diseases cause it like wilson's but I don't have any of the diseases or any of the hepatitis' --

Any advice out their for me???  Please feel free to e-mail me if you know of anything I can do to at least stop the pain..... ***@****
1 Comment
We have a good friend, age 17, female, with the same diagnosis. No known reason for it, no treatment. She's doing fine as far as the NAC is concerned. They just scan her twice a year.
have you discussed with your doctor the possibility of PBC (primary billiary cirrhosis)...my father, also a non drinker, was diagnosed with it...unknown cause possibly an autoimmune disease against the bile ducts...good luck...god bless
test