Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Nonfunctioning gallbladder

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Nonfunctioning gallbladder

After all my tests, the hidascan showed that my gallbladder is functioning 0%.  The Dr plans to take it out in the next couple weeks.  I have never had as much as a stomachache before this whole problem started about 6 months ago.  I just woke up with a pain one day that never went away.  Since there was no obvious cause for it, I'm wondering if something else has caused my gallbladder problems.  Anyone know anything that has commonly caused the gallbladder to stop working?
My husband had a non functioning gallblader (gallbladder) and they removed it, now(4 years later) they are sending him to the mayo clinic to check for sphincter of odi dysfunction. Someone on here told me that their opinion was, you have the sphincter of odi dysfunction first and that makes the gallblader (gallbladder) go bad,then when they take it out, it eventually makes the pancreas go bad. Just a theroy but makes perfect sense to me.
Sorry to hijack this spot marslinger.

ttcoffin, be sure you scroll down and read my response to your 10/26 post entitled Distal Esophagitis.

Thanks,
Chicken Soup

Again, I'm sorry for the intrusion Marslinger.
Also sorry for mis-spelling your name in the post above!!
A related discussion, gall bladder was started.
A related discussion, nonfunctioning gallbladder was started.