Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Orange stools
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Orange stools
A google search for 'orange stools' led me here by a post of JC in 1998.  Here's my story:  I went to MD for an asymetrical slight bulge to the right of my navel.  Nothing was felt, lab work of blood & lytes were fine, an ultrasound showed nothing. A colonoscopy was completed & I was DX'd with IBS.  Since the colonoscopy I experience intermittent abdominal pain just below the sternum or horizontally just below ribs. This morning I experienced orange stools that had an oily film that actually coated the rim of the bowl.  Prior to expelling this-I experienced alot of bubbly pain (like soft baby kicking, if pregnant).  There has been no change to the right ABD bulge & MD has dx'd that as a 'fat pocket'. I am F/48yrs post-menopusal  5'4" & 160#.   Any ideas the orange stools, nothing I ate would have caused them.  Please ask any additional questions if need be.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am soooo experiencing the same symptoms!  I have been also having sharp burning pains in my abdomen and felt lethargic.  My eyes look black and I go from constipation to diarrhea.
Been trying to get my Dr. to listen for months now.
Hope someone can help us both!
LOL
Discussion is closed
Cancel
I, too, have pain just below the ribs.  It sometimes feels (when I'm lying on my stomach) as if I'm lying on a child's rubber ball.  I have MS, so I came to this site ("pain below ribs") to see if there was a relationship to MS.  I, too, have constipation (though I don't feel bad), then diarrhea.  I wondered if there was a connection.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, IBD, abdominal pain, orange stool, bile was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...