Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Orange stools
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Orange stools

A google search for 'orange stools' led me here by a post of JC in 1998.  Here's my story:  I went to MD for an asymetrical slight bulge to the right of my navel.  Nothing was felt, lab work of blood & lytes were fine, an ultrasound showed nothing. A colonoscopy was completed & I was DX'd with IBS.  Since the colonoscopy I experience intermittent abdominal pain just below the sternum or horizontally just below ribs. This morning I experienced orange stools that had an oily film that actually coated the rim of the bowl.  Prior to expelling this-I experienced alot of bubbly pain (like soft baby kicking, if pregnant).  There has been no change to the right ABD bulge & MD has dx'd that as a 'fat pocket'. I am F/48yrs post-menopusal  5'4" & 160#.   Any ideas the orange stools, nothing I ate would have caused them.  Please ask any additional questions if need be.