PLEASE HELP! Upset stomach and no appetite
For about the past two months I have had diarrhea nonstop. At the beggining of the summer, I found myself constantly binge eating, but as of about a month ago I never feel like eating. I get hungry but when I eat my stomach just gets upset again. I've lost 10 pounds within the past two weeks, which isnt as much weight as I would normally lose if I had barely been eating for the past month. Everyday I force myself to eat at least one small portioned meal and a few snacks. I dont wake up until around noon everyday and usually dont eat until around 4 or 5 pm. I try to have a healthier diet, but every time I eat I feel nauseous and then have diarrhea again. My mother has ulcerative colitis, but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. Please help, I have no clue whats wrong with me or how to fix it. I have been taking probiotics, but have seen hardly to no improvements in my digestive health.
Hi!
I can see that you are attempting to help yourself. In this effort, first of all you have to regularize your meal times so that you eat small meals throughout the day. Staying hungry for too long can aggravate acidity and indigestion. Also, you need to eat healthy nd drink water, lemonade, fluids etc. Also, since your mother has ulcerative colitis, it is possible that you have inflammatory bowel disease.
In your case all causes of chronic diarrhea will have to be looked into. Chronic diarrhea can be due to parasitic infestations.  Other causes are irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, malabsorption syndromes, pancreatic diseases, diabetes, hyperthyroidism etc. If celiac, Crohn’s and other problems have been ruled out then lactose intolerance and IBS are the possibilities. Gas in stomach, burping, diarrhea all go in favor of IBS. Pancreatic enzyme disorders, liver dysfunction, HIV, cancer of the gut, and infections by parasites other than giardia can all cause persisting diarrhea. Lyme and lupus are other possibilities that present this way. Please discuss this with your doctor (GI doctor).

I sincerely hope you will find this information useful in your journey towards better health.

Hope you get well soon! Good Luck and take care!
Thank you for the advice. I started eating 3 healthy meals a day and my stomach has not given me anymore problems at all!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?