Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain/Cramp in lower left abdomen

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Pain/Cramp in lower left abdomen

I am a 24 year old male.
Yesterday I was wearing some pants that were a bit too tight around my waist. When I got home from work, I was beginning to feel some pain in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen. The pain is not extreme, unless pressure is applied to that area, or if I get up, or exert myself in some way that moves organs in that area. I also can feel the pain slightly when I breathe in really hard. I feel I may have bruised this area from wearing those pants. It has been about 18 hours since I felt this pain, and it really has not got any better or worse (even after sleeping). I feel this could be trapped gas, and have had something similar to this in the past. But not for more than an hour or so.
This pain is somewhat similar to a cramp that runners get after sprinting for a long period of time. If this pain continues, how long should I wait until I go see a doctor?
Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Andy

i am having the same problem which you have. please avoid these things and i hope it will certainly help:
cigrate, black peper, alcohol(not a single drop), avoid coffe
i was suffering from this problem since three year but now i am ok
andy
I have recently had sharp pains on my left side. They were very sharp and only lasted a second. This went on for about a week; once a day. Now the pain is dull and starts from my lower left side below my beltline and I also get sharp, prickly feelings from my lower stomach area to my ribs. I had my gall bladder removed a year ago because it was not functioning correctly but I was having these same symptoms then and they dismissed it as being gall bladder problems. Well, since it's out, they can't say that it's that anymore. I also have GERD and am presently taking Nexium. It works well for my acid reflux, but I was wodering if the pain on my left side is a side effect from the Nexium or what could be causing this. Iv'e never had a upper GI and I'm scared to death of an endoscopy. Can someone please help me?                          Thanks
test
Have the endoscopy done.  I've had it done twice.

The upper endoscopy really isn't painful.  The scariest part of the whole thing is when they spray your throat with this numbing stuff, and you feel like you can't breathe or swallow, but you really are breathing.  After that the anethesia takes over and you won't even remember the rest.  You'll actually get a really good nap!  Best blessings to you.